SEN teaching assistant vacancy x 2
1 x 12 hours per week 9-12
1 x 6 hours per week 1.15 – 3.15
Bromley Heath Infant School is looking to appoint a teaching assistant with SEN experience to support a pupil in Year 1. This will involve supporting the child’s learning, social and emotional development, alongside their self- help skills.
The successful applicant must have a love of children, be patient, flexible and be able to use their own initiative.
Whilst the post is to support a specific child the applicant must also be prepared to work as part of a team to support all of the children within the school.
Experience of working with special needs children desirable.
The post will also involve:
– Assisting the class teacher and other professionals to plan and deliver teaching and learning 1:1 and in small groups.
– Liaising with teachers, parents and outside agencies.
– The ability to adapt and respond to the needs of the child.
– Working effectively in a professional team.
– Having high expectations for all children.
– A knowledge and understanding of child development.
In return we offer you: –
- A supportive and happy team of staff.
- A well-resourced school
- Opportunities for further professional development.
- A positive working environment.
Visits are welcome on the following dates: Tuesday 8th January at 3.30 pm or Thursday 10th January at 3.30 pm please contact the school office, on 01454 866777, to book a place.
Interviews will take place on Friday 25th January 2019.
Closing date: Monday 14th January 2019 @ 12 noon.