NEXUS is a Learning Partnership of 10 schools: Mangotsfield Primary School, Blackhorse Primary School, Stanbridge Primary School, Bromley Heath Junior School, Bromley Heath Infant School, Kings Forest Primary School, Emersons Green Primary School, St Stephen’s C of E Junior School, St Michael’s C of E VC Primary School and Staple Hill Primary School .
The partnership also includes the NEXUS Teaching Schools Alliance led by Mangotsfield Primary School, with the 9 other NEXUS schools named as ‘Strategic Partner schools’.
- To raise the achievement and life-chances of the pupils in our schools
- To develop a culture of collaboration, commitment and coaching in all we do.
- To actively seek to learn from best practice locally, regionally and nationally.
- To share practice & innovation across schools to provide high quality development opportunities for all.
- To procure high quality services and expertise
- To be open and transparent in all our school-to-school relationships.
- To be fully committed to joint practice development.
- To enable colleagues and governors to work together across schools.
- To help and support all schools within the partnership, and beyond, on their journeys of continuous improvement.
- To be highly ambitious in our drive to overcome barriers that might impede our progress.
- To collaborate in the development of future school leaders.
- We will establish clear protocols and accountability structures for our various learning project groups.
- Rigorous peer review and challenge will be at the heart of everything that we do.
- We will engage external improvement partners to ensure that we are suitably challenged.
What OFSTED said about NEXUS:
Blackhorse Primary School was the first to have an OFSTED inspection as part of the NEXUS Learning Partnership in January 2015. Inspectors noted that this was a ‘powerful grouping’, commenting in the report that:
“Relationships with partner schools are used effectively to strengthen school improvement. The school embraces its involvement with NEXUS, a group of six primary schools that focus on inter-school evaluation. This partnership challenges judgements the school has of its performance to ensure that they are accurate and evidence-based.”
The team were impressed by NEXUS’s engagement in robust inter-school:
- Evaluation days which were ‘highly evaluative’ & written in the OFSTED inspection style.
- Data benchmarking and group analysis.
- Performance Management pay moderation.
- Professional development networks incl. School Business Managers, NQTs, Subject Leaders etc.