NEXUS is a Learning Partnership of 7 schools: Mangotsfield Primary School, Blackhorse Primary School, Stanbridge Primary School, Bromley Heath Junior School, Bromley Heath Infant School and Emersons Green Primary School.
The partnership also includes the NEXUS Teaching Schools Alliance led by Mangotsfield Primary School, with the 6 other NEXUS schools named as ‘Strategic Partner schools’.
- To raise the achievement and life-chances of the pupils in our schools
- To develop a culture of collaboration, commitment and coaching in all we do.
- To actively seek to learn from best practice locally, regionally and nationally.
- To share practice & innovation across schools to provide high quality development opportunities for all.
- To procure high quality services and expertise
- To be open and transparent in all our school-to-school relationships.
- To be fully committed to joint practice development.
- To enable colleagues and governors to work together across schools.
- To help and support all schools within the partnership, and beyond, on their journeys of continuous improvement.
- To be highly ambitious in our drive to overcome barriers that might impede our progress.
- To collaborate in the development of future school leaders.
- We will establish clear protocols and accountability structures for our various learning project groups.
- Rigorous peer review and challenge will be at the heart of everything that we do.
- We will engage external improvement partners to ensure that we are suitably challenged.
What OFSTED said about NEXUS:
Blackhorse Primary School was the first to have an OFSTED inspection as part of the NEXUS Learning Partnership in January 2015. Inspectors noted that this was a ‘powerful grouping’, commenting in the report that:
“Relationships with partner schools are used effectively to strengthen school improvement. The school embraces its involvement with NEXUS, a group of six primary schools that focus on inter-school evaluation. This partnership challenges judgements the school has of its performance to ensure that they are accurate and evidence-based.”
The team were impressed by NEXUS’s engagement in robust inter-school:
- Evaluation days which were ‘highly evaluative’ & written in the OFSTED inspection style.
- Data benchmarking and group analysis.
- Performance Management pay moderation.
- Professional development networks incl. School Business Managers, NQTs, Subject Leaders etc.